Yes, my love-hate relationship with my four young mages continues apace. I'm hoping against hope that the Surfer meeting on Sunday will give me the jolt I need to at least get through this latest So-Mo rewrite.
Because...we have NaNo plans looming on the horizon! Plans that I'm excited about! Plans that will roll directly into a virgin query package I can send out immediately! One that if the scuttlebutt from Writercon is any indication, has a decent chance of at the very least getting read.
*cuddles Jason and Diane* I've missed you guys SO much!
I also figured out a personal goal for NaNo word-count wise. Last year I wrote 50,000 words in just under seven days. This year, working in a universe I know as well as I know anything in my life, with characters I know *better* than most things in my life, I think it's reasonable to set a goal of 100,000 words in 30 days or less.
As a means of starting to prepare, I restored all my backups of the Chronicles files today. Spent some time at Choi tonight pouring through them, trying to get a feel for this universe that is *so* different from the Land of Logic and Reason.
It's gonna be fun. :)
Today was interesting. Very me-focused (which is unusual these days). I did the usual -- laundry and general cleaning -- but it was all liberally laced with writing, reading and e-mail exchanges. I also watched another episode of MI.5 -- I'm going through Season One right now, courtesy of Netflix. Interesting show. Very British -- it's almost the British "24", though without the realtime conceit (or Kiefer, more's the pity). They also clearly have no respect for Americans, but I guess that's hardly a surprise.
Don't know if I'm going to keep Season 2 immediately following Season 1, though. I suspect I'm going to need a break in the form of something lighter.
We're fighting a weird sort of fly infestation -- I have to go talk to the property manager tomorrow and see about getting the exterminator out here. They're not houseflies. They look almost like fruit flies, and we just haven't been able to get ahead of them.
Speaking of property managers -- apparently the owners have changed management companies. *snerk* Like that's gonna help. They're also ripping out the landscaping and replacing it -- again. Fifth time in the last eight months. They've also got a bunch of maintenance, cleaning and Brand! New! Renovations! coming on line over the next few weeks.
And meanwhile the units empty out, and I see no one new coming in to take their places. Gonna be damn interesting to see where everything's at by the time our lease is up at the end of March. I suspect we'll be sitting a lot prettier than we thought we were going to a few months ago.
Because...we have NaNo plans looming on the horizon! Plans that I'm excited about! Plans that will roll directly into a virgin query package I can send out immediately! One that if the scuttlebutt from Writercon is any indication, has a decent chance of at the very least getting read.
*cuddles Jason and Diane* I've missed you guys SO much!
I also figured out a personal goal for NaNo word-count wise. Last year I wrote 50,000 words in just under seven days. This year, working in a universe I know as well as I know anything in my life, with characters I know *better* than most things in my life, I think it's reasonable to set a goal of 100,000 words in 30 days or less.
As a means of starting to prepare, I restored all my backups of the Chronicles files today. Spent some time at Choi tonight pouring through them, trying to get a feel for this universe that is *so* different from the Land of Logic and Reason.
It's gonna be fun. :)
Today was interesting. Very me-focused (which is unusual these days). I did the usual -- laundry and general cleaning -- but it was all liberally laced with writing, reading and e-mail exchanges. I also watched another episode of MI.5 -- I'm going through Season One right now, courtesy of Netflix. Interesting show. Very British -- it's almost the British "24", though without the realtime conceit (or Kiefer, more's the pity). They also clearly have no respect for Americans, but I guess that's hardly a surprise.
Don't know if I'm going to keep Season 2 immediately following Season 1, though. I suspect I'm going to need a break in the form of something lighter.
We're fighting a weird sort of fly infestation -- I have to go talk to the property manager tomorrow and see about getting the exterminator out here. They're not houseflies. They look almost like fruit flies, and we just haven't been able to get ahead of them.
Speaking of property managers -- apparently the owners have changed management companies. *snerk* Like that's gonna help. They're also ripping out the landscaping and replacing it -- again. Fifth time in the last eight months. They've also got a bunch of maintenance, cleaning and Brand! New! Renovations! coming on line over the next few weeks.
And meanwhile the units empty out, and I see no one new coming in to take their places. Gonna be damn interesting to see where everything's at by the time our lease is up at the end of March. I suspect we'll be sitting a lot prettier than we thought we were going to a few months ago.
Tags:
(no subject)
28/9/06 01:04 (UTC)I'm sure what followed was actually words, most likely in English, and most likely having to do with NaNo, but here's how it reads to me:
"I think, in lieu of writing a novel, I'm going to lead an horde of orangutans in armed revolt, and take over the greater Tampa Bay area."
Actually, the orangutan plan sounds less crazy to me. But since I have little doubt that you can pull off your word count goal--you always amaze me with the stuff you can accomplish--I only ask that if you come up with cute uniforms for your orangutan army, you send me a picture. It'd make for fun cosplaying. o.O
Also, I tracked this (http://www.somethingpositive.net/sp05032002.shtml) down for you, because I couldn't remember if you'd actually seen it.
(no subject)
28/9/06 01:11 (UTC)No, I hadn't seen it -- thanks! That's awesome! I need to pass the link onto Robin...I'm sure she'll get a chuckle out of it too.
Hmmm...subjugating Tampa to the whims of a simian military machine on top of generating 100,000 words of saleable material? If we keep the dad-issues to a minimum, I can probably pull it off. :)